Ok… I admit… I’m high maintenance. I like nice things. I like thoughtful things. I like the best in quality. You don’t have to spend $3000 on Louis Vuitton. But chances are if you get me something, you better make sure it’s in good taste. Be unconventional.
- I don’t ever really care for flowers on Valentines Day. But I recently saw these Maison des Fleurs flowers. . (; The ones that come in the clear boxes are really cool too. Traditionally I love long stemmed orchids. But I couldn’t resist these because they are may favorite color! ❤
2. Maison Martin Margiele ‘Replica’ in “Beach Walk.” ‘Replica’ exhibits uni-sex non-traditional perfume scents. One of my favorite for men is “Jazz Club.”
Normally $125. Only $75 HERE
3. Fit Bit Surge. My passion is sports. A boyfriend once got me wireless you buds for Valentines Day because he thought I’d appreciate it more than jewelry. He was partially right! Depends what kind of jewelry. (:
4. A spa day. I got this a few years back after my boyfriend screwed up big time on Valentines Day. It was a nice apology but I still don’t think it makes up for what he did. 😦 Heaven on Earth was my choice to go to. The Valentines package was $250 for a facial, massage and body scrub and wrap at Heaven on Earth. The website is currently down, as to question if they are still open. My other favorite spa’s are Ihilani. However I am informed that the Marriott Koolina is to shut down and become a Four Seasons so I’m excited to see what they will have to offer because Four Season’s spa’s have always been my favorite. Aulani has an amazing spa as well, but is extremely pricey in contrast to other two. However, please note: Heaven on Earth does not have a full spa. It’s a great spot however in downtown honolulu that provides quality services at a good price. Only the best for a special girl.
5. OK I don’t like fake jewelry but I did have a very nice cocktail ring from “Carat” once. Everything set in genuine gold, and high quality scientifically produced replica diamonds you cannot tell the difference. The value is there in the quality and beauty of the pieces without the high price of diamonds. Luxury without the luxury price. btw… Emeralds are my birthstone. (;
For the girl who likes something gaudy…
12 ct Verde Ring
420 GBP or $600 USD
For the girl who likes something simple
INDIA seven bar rows pave
69 GBP or $100 USD
Pink Hearts for You
.75-2 carats in white or yellow gold
Agent provocateur is probably out of the budget. Some good brands that are in a good price range are Elle Macphereson, Cosabella, Betsy Johnson and Pleasure State. Victoria Secret is OK, but get her something better than “OK,” get her something really special.
Check out this website one of my FAVORITES
Get Lacy for under $40
Nouvel Emoi (40% off)
Turkish Crochet Lingerie by ‘Else”
Parah (Italian) Fine Lingerie
All chocolate is not created equal. If you go to the mall and pick up Godiva or Sees Candy that is all dandy and all, but if you go out and pick something that speaks her language, it shows you went out of your way to get something a little more thoughtful. The high maintenance girl doesn’t want branded trendy spots. She wants something unique. It’ll cost the same too.
“Paintbox of Desire” @Chocolate Art House
13 British pounds
Runz Sensual Chocolates $65
Bond Street Chocolatiers $14
Bond Street Dark Chocolate Buddha
8. A do-it-yourself project
Whether she wanted an accent wall painted, a mural, a day bed, a new coffee table or painting. Make it yourself. Homemade stuff is the best! Work within your skill level, don’t turn in an arts and craft project. Youtube a DIY video. Or find a piece of cheap furniture on craiglist and refurbish it by refinishing it or lacquering or painting it. These presents mean the most to her!
Daybed made with palettes
9. A PUPPY!
I have puppy fever so this is the greatest gift you can give me lol. It is a good test of what kind of parent you are going to be. (; I’m still waiting for a responsible time to get my Klee Kai.
10. Write Her a Love Letter
Nothing is more sexy than when a man puts his feelings down into words. I love my love letters and cards with substance more than any present I’ve ever received. More than any floral arrangement, more than any diamonds or gold or Manolo Blahniks. Those letters and cards are still in a box somewhere. (: