Photo by Dr Imago, Model Caroline
Young Franziska Bauer was born in a small Swiss village where she was always fascinated with nature and aesthetics. She worked with different aspects of design and art, until she got into fashion design. She is inspired from many things and knowledge. After a year at art shool in St.Gallen (CH), she became a polydesigner 3D. Following that, she continued to study at the „mode design schule zürich“. In 2008 she graduated in fashion design with her collection „vedova siciliana“. Her label „verso azur“ was born in 2009, it stands for unique handmade dresses and styling. Franziska Bauer is working as a independent designer and stylist for film- and photoshoots. Since june 2010 she lives and works in Milan.
Model: Tais Photo: Boris Pale
How did you get started in fashion?
– I started serious with fashion design after my education in polydesign 3D, I always was fascinated by clothes but until then, it was only to create a look. To have the knowledge of tailoring, and to realize my own ideas was a great feeling. I found in it the right thing to put in my creativity and my passion.
Who are your favorite designers?
– There are and were a lot of great designers all over the world. But I dont have a favorite one. I dont like to reduce me of one thing – I like to keep a big spectrum from where I pick individual pieces from.
Who is your favorite photographer to work with? model? makeup? hair?
– It is the same here – I prefer to work with diffrent kind of „artists“, sometimes ist perfect if they are tuned to the same wavelength. But sometimes they can becum some nice result by working with someone who has a completle diffrent move or style like you. It can be a risk and it can happen that it goes wrong, but for me its important to be open minded and also to experiment and try diffrent things.
Photographer: Fabian Henzmann,
What are your inspirations as a designer?
– My inspiration I find in life, every day is full of inspiration –
meetings, emotions, discoveries – the fragments of this is the beginning for creating a new story.
My designs are the final product about a passionate process – every piece has his story , his own spirit. I think this is what makes it authentic.
At time I am working on my next collection „blinded by the light“ inspired by a barn owl. It will become a simpy collection about falling dresses,
short jackets and wide coats.
What are your goals as a designer?
– I am still at the beginning – I hope i can make a lot of experiences and getting better. My dream is my label VERSO AZUR and to have my own store some time.
I currently work on it. And as long as there is passion – there must be a
way to get it.
Have you studied or lived anywhere else besides Italy?
– I grow up and did my all my study in switzerland, after my degree as fashion designer i moved to italy, i have a fascination for this country, so i went there first to learn the language, some month ago i moved to milan, the place where fashion is. By the way i like to travel a lot…its something that let me feel so lively.
Any upcoming gigs/events/promotions? Comming soon:
– As I already told I am working on my new collection „blinded by the light“, then are upcoming shoots with my small collection „accross the universe“ and some other projects.
And for sure I have to make some footprints about my work for creating a base in italy.
Coming soon: www.versozur.com
Untill then you find me on:
myspace : http://www.myspace.com/francisca_fashion
not just a label: http://www.notjustalabel.com/verso_azur
More Pictures http://www.modelmayhem.com/franciscafashion