CHIPS AND SALSA
SUNFLOWER AND FLACKSEED MULTIGRAIN CHIPS FROM WHOLE FOODS
2 CANS OF BLACK BEANS DRAINED
2 CANS MILD ROTEL TOMATOES
1 RED BELL PEPPER
1 YELLOW BELL PEPPER
1/2 BUNCH OF GREEN ONIONS
1 TSP GARLIC
1 CAN SHOEPEG CORN DRAINED
1/2 BUNCH OF CILANTRO CHOPPED
MY SPINACH STRAWBERRY SALAD
BRIANNAS STRAWBERRY VINEGARETTE
FOR THAI STYLE (SEARED AHI)
THAI PEANUT SAUCE
CHINESE CHICKEN SALAD
SPRING MIX SALAD
CHOW MEIN NOODLE (DRY)
BRIANNAS POPPY SEED DRESSING
- 3 tart apples – peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 bunch watercress, trimmed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the apples and lemon juice. Add the grapes, celery, and green onions; toss.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, apple juice and celery seeds. Spoon over the apple mixture, and toss gently.
- Wash the watercress, and dry thoroughly. Arrange greens on individual salad plates. Mound the apple mixture on top, and sprinkle with the walnuts.
Belgian Endive Pear Salad
1. For the dressing, peel and core the small pear. Cut it into large chunks, place in a small bowl and mash with a fork until smooth. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice, the apple juice, parsley, sugar and sour cream; set aside.
2. Halve, stem and core but do not peel the remaining pears. Cut them lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices, place them in a medium-size bowl and toss with the remaining lemon juice.
3. Line a serving platter with the endive leaves and arrange the pear slices on top. Crumble the Gorgonzola over the pears and drizzle the dressing over the salad.
Fruity Green Salad with Ruby Pomegranate Dressing
- 6 ounces mixed baby salad greens
- 1 cup blackberries (or other seasonal fruit)
- 1/2 cup Ocean Spray® Craisins® Original Sweetened Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup Ocean Spray® Ruby Pomegranate Grapefruit Juice Drink
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Toss together all salad ingredients in large bowl. Divide equally among 4 salad plates.
- Whisk together ruby pomegranate juice drink, lemon juice and sugar in small bowl. Add mayonnaise and oil. Whisk until smooth and creamy. Drizzle over salads.
LOW FAT COCONUT AMBROSIA SALAD
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 1/2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed (low fat)
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup maraschino cherries
GRAPEFRUIT AND FENNEL WATERCRESS RECIPE
1 bulb fennel
1 bunch red radishes
1 pink grapefruit
1 bunch watercress
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons honey
Pepper and salt
6 tablespoons olive oil
Remove fronds from fennel bulb and trim root end. Slice in half lengthwise and remove outer layer, discard. With a very sharp knife, slice fennel lengthwise to form thin sheets (this can also be done on a mandolin). Add to salad bowl.
Remove stems from radish and slice each into thin rounds. Add to bowl.
Working with a sharp knife, slice off skin and pith from the grapefruit. Working over a bowl to save dripping juice, work with a pairing knife slicing along the edge of each membrane to remove segments. Let segments drop into bowl. Squeeze juice from the empty fruit carcass into the bowl and reserve.
Wash watercress and chop into three longish pieces. Add to salad bowl.
To make dressing, mix half of reserve grapefruit juice with lemon juice, honey, salt and lots of fresh cracked black pepper. Pour in oil and whisk to emulsify.
Toss salad with dressing to taste. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if necessary. Divide grapefruit segments among salad plates to serve.